Map device, which is in connected to another router, on Finder

We have two different networks(routers) in our workplace. Not all of the computers are connected to the same router. I connected the WD My Cloud to one of those and everything seems fine, everyone on the network can see the device on the finder(we are using primarily Macs). I know that you can connect to the device remotely by using the desktop app, but my question is, is it possible to map the device on the finder IF you are connected to another router WITHOUT using the desktop app?

Thanks in advance.

Sure.

Okay, how? :). I can’t see it on the finder when I connect to the other router. I tried doing with Go->Connect to Server but the IP that is shown in the Dashboard is just local?

Since service discovery requires broadcasts that your router is blocking, you’ll have to map it manually by IP address.

I’m not sure what I should do. Should open the other router’s configuration and add the device manually with IP and MAC address? Or should I try Go->Connect to Server in some other way because the IP of the device shown in the dashboard doesn’t work.

This is driving me crazy…

Ozans wrote:

… the IP of the device shown in the dashboard doesn’t work.

Can you Ping and Web-Browse to the IP address you think is the right one?

Well the IP is a 192.168.2.xxx IP(I looked it up under Dashboard->Settings->Network) so I can not web browse or ping it when connected to the second router. When I am connected to the first router, to which the cloud device is connected, i can ping or webbrowse.

Ozans wrote:

Well the IP is a 192.168.2.xxx IP(I looked it up under Dashboard->Settings->Network) so I can not web browse or ping it when connected to the second router. When I am connected to the first router, to which the cloud device is connected, i can ping or webbrowse.

That means your routers are not correctly configured.

You either need a dynamic routing protocol between your routers, or static routes configured on both so that one knows how to get to the other.