Many movies not getting any information in the moviename.metathumb files

Until it is working right I will not turn on the automatic get info option. I have seen the setting there but I refuse to turn it on because I am scared that I have 50 files that have incomplete data so if I turned it on and it did a 1 minute delay on each “failed” metathumb file it would end up being stuck over 50 minutes total.

This issue is all with me just going to each individual file and me just going in to get content for that particular file.

Like I said strange because its working for 150 files approximately but not 50 files and I can’t make rhyme or reason as to the WHY of it.

I have working non 0kb metathumb in a directory to an mkv. Then another mkv in the same directory with a non working 0kbmetathumb file,

Basically I have ruled out -

File names as being the issue - I have Spiderman 2002.mkv that does not work next to Spiderman 2 2004.mkv that works flawlessly.

WIth the suggestion of the ThumbGen program I have determined it is not my house connection to the DB site - I was able to use that to get a jpg and a bunch of other files like tgmd files) and these all HAD the jgp listed in there that would be what SHOULD show up in the thumbnail location but does not when I do it on the WD TV Live.

I have determined with ALL of the non working files I cannot remove the moviename.metathumb and just take a downloaded moviename.jpg and put it in its place and it work. (have not verified if this works with a working one that downloads content as it should).

I have determined with ALL of the non working files I cannot remove the moviename.metathumb and just take a downloaded moviename.jpg and rename it and put it in moviename.metathumb put it in its place and it work. (have not verified if this works with a working one that downloads content as it should).

What has me at a loss the most is I am obviously connecting to the DB site when I connect to get the information because it is generating the XML and it is downloading the backgrounds. The ONLY part I am not getting is the thumbnail.

i even went 1 step above in my paranoia. I had 3 shares on my server. I had one for pictures one for audio and one for movies/episodes. I thought maybe adding all three shares to the media library was gunking up the works so I just went like this instead. I did this just a few hours back and I deleted out the .wd_tv folders and restarted all the media content.

New setup looks like this -

My Movies

My Audio

Wifes movies

Wifes Audio

Kids movies

kids audio

Family Pictures

this made it so I got rid of having 3 .wd_tv folders to just one and a single source I have ot sync from. I was thinking maybe even that was gunking it up somehow.

But now I have it all in a single share. I have turned off 2 of the three WD TV Live units I own I think thats about as SIMPLE as I can make it a single media library and a single source for all content should be the simpleist. But no it still fails on only these specific files that play fine and I have no issue watching on the WD TV Live at all. Which I don’t even think the validity of the media file has ANYTHING to do with this because I notice i can have a 0kb media file like say Superman.mkv and i can use this ot then go and look through the db connection and get the xml and the thumbs and backgrounds.

Added -

I just found this thread - http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/Movie-Thumbnails/td-p/294516

this seems ot be an exact same thing as what I am doing except it was last year and it was for another product. In this one they indicated it was a firmware issue. I am using the latest firmware. Maybe I need to revert to an older one?

Added again -

[Deleted] its not firmware. I went back to 1.10.13 and its doing the same thing on the same files. I verified on the file server no files are locked. verified permissions. ARGH driving me crazy!