Manual IP Address

I want to manually assign the IP address to DX4000. How can I do it?

Here you go

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9395/session/L3RpbWUvMTMzOTUzMDUzNS9zaWQvR1ZSYXV2LWs%3D

1 Like

Thank you for pointing me to the right direction. However, it gave me a big warning that I should not manually assign IP address. The problem is when I started up my DX4000 for the first time, it showed its IP address as 192.168.XXX.XXX on the front panel (which was as it should be). Now a week later, it shows weird numbers like 169.196.234.XXX, and one of my computer is having problem connecting to it (but several others are okay). Can you tell me what these weird IP address is coming from? Is it normal occurrence?

Wierd ip addy usually means bad cable, switch or hub. One of your network devices or cables has a problem. I would swap out the cable of the computer that is having trouble connecting, if fixed great, if not change port on hub, if not fixed swap out the hub that troubled computer is hooked up to. if no hub swap out cable on router to a differant port. If not fixed swap out the cable to server. if not fixed swap out the router.

merushn is right, it sounds like some of your network hardware might be failing.

The 169.254.x.x address is a self assigned address. Windows will use it if setup for DHCP but no DHCP server can be contacted.

When your device shows a 169.254.x.x address it indicates it cannot contact the DHCP server.

The idea behind this link local address scheme is so that you can connect multiple computers to a switch/hub and communicate between them without having to setup a DHCP server or manually assign IP addresses.