Manual firmware upgrade - how do I extract the .zip from the .bin

I have newly purchased a 3TB Gen2 MyCloud with firmware 2.21.126.

I would like to manually upgrade to the latest firmware but I have difficulty following these instructions (on Software and Firmware Downloads | WD Support), having specified the Gen2 firmware version:

"Updating the firmware on your My Cloud

_Download the firmware to your desktop_.
_Unzip the file and you will find the actual firmware in this format: My_Cloud_GLCR_2.xx.xxx.zip._
_Save this to your desktop_ "

But the downloaded file is called My_Cloud_GLCR_2.30.181.bin and I don’t know how to unzip a .bin file. Using Win 7.

I’ve not been able to find a similar question on the forum so I must assume I’m being really dumb while everyone else knows the answer.

Help, please?

I’d suggest the instructions are wrong, or they have uploaded a bin instead of a zip…

Use the Dashboard manual update method with the bin file. It will tell you if the file isn’t right.

Alrighty, I’ll try that and report back. Thanks very much for the suggestion.

Well who’d have thought the “official” instructions could be incorrect…

Installed without a murmur from the .bin file directly - no prior extraction necessary. Just a pity they haven’t put the “Shutdown” button back in this version. So now I’m off to get plink or putty.

Thanks again, cpt_paranoia. Your input on this forum is much appreciated.

Edit: Oh, wait, WD QuickView is the solution for my environment.

It would appear to me the FW was earlier inside a zip file, but now it is not anymore.

@Suilad
I have Stuffit Deluxe 16 and here is what it says about .bin.

Try this link, scroll to the bottom of the page and see if you can get the firmware you want.