Making an external USB drive part of the Public Share system

One other thing to try, which I don’t think has been mentioned yet - at least in this thread, is to change the “Media Receiver Type” that one can access via the  http://wdmycloud:9000/ then click in Sharing, then select Show to the right of Media Receivers. Then find the entry either the; “MAC Address”, “IP Address” or the “Friendly Name” for your LG TV, and change “Media Receiver Type” entry to some other media player (there is a list to choose from). Then hit “Save Changes” at the botom of thepage, to save the change(s). It appears there are two entry’s for LG TV in that list. Perhaps either or both LG entries are having issues and changing to another entry, which is suggested in the FAQ link to fix certain issues, may fix some problems your experiencing. Down side is that this setting change may not be retained when the WD My Cloud power cycles or a firmware upgrade is performed unless one hacks the WD My Cloud code.

What your frustrated with is the limitation of your LG TV DLNA player and the limitations of Twonky in addition to the poor coding and integration between Twonky and the WD My Cloud UI interface. There is another thread or two here that goes into detail on installing and using MiniDLNA to mixed results on the WD My Cloud for those who are frustrated with Twonky. See  here and here.

Another other possible workaround that while not pretty or what you are looking for is to consolidate the media. Move all of the videos (or media) to one specific drive rather than having it spread between both the WD My Cloud and the external USB drive attached to the WD My Cloud. If you search through this site you’ll see the USB interface of the WD My Cloud presents issues for some when trying to use attached USB drives for either media storage or for backing up the WD My Cloud.

The whole album art issue is a known issue that has been discussed in other threads do a search and you’ll find several threads. There are instances, at least in my experience, where Twonky will not display album art correctly especially when one or more media files have album art (either embedded or as a stand alone JPG graphic file) and others do not. Sometimes furstrating, but for now I live with it.