MakeMKV error

I’ve converted a DVD to .mkv with MakeMKV and I can’t get it to play on my WD TV Play. I thought it should play this OK, I chose the WD TV profile, am I doing the conversion correctly?

Bill

billtweedy wrote:
I’ve converted a DVD to .mkv with MakeMKV and I can’t get it to play on my WD TV Play. I thought it should play this OK, I chose the WD TV profile, am I doing the conversion correctly?

Bill

Chances are, it’s using the original MPEG2 streams that are in the DVD.   The Play doesn’t support MPEG2.

MakeMKV does not touch the video which means, Tony is right. Also, the only thing the WDTV profile does is compressing PGS sub with zlib so the WDTV can display them.

Oh well I’ll have to convert to .mov or mpeg4, I was hoping the .mkv option would be quicker.

Thanks
Bill

for convert all the vob you can use this fantastic tools:

https://code.google.com/p/xvid4psp/

It’s a suite of fantastic suite and it’s a stand alone converted to all video format from all video source…

I already used some week ago to convert my VOB file from a dvd to a XVID and after to a X264/ACC Mp4 file and all file output it’s played on wd tv play whitout any problems (on mp4 you need to use a profile lower 4.0… using hc@l3.1 it’s perfect whit birate about 1500 for example).

There are many great tools for conversion. I personally prefer Staxrip but you can also try Handbrake, XMedia Recode, Ripbot264…

Thanks for both your replies.

Bill