Major problem

hey guys/girls.

Before i state my problem i have gone through the forums and found nothing that answered/fixed my issue…

now

when i play video or tv shows through my WD TV LIVE HD Media player from my external HDD to my TV

some of the movies or tv shows will stutter as in, the Video will stop but the audio will keep going and then the video will catch up and stop and do it again…

i have tried useing just the HDMi cable by itself and the red/green/blue cords by themselves and i cant seem to fix it…

the video and audio works perfectly fine when i play it from my external HDD to my computer… and not going the the WD TV LIVE HD Media player…

any advice/solutions would be greatly appreciated…

Thankyou…

some more details might help. what format video? what brand of HDD? etc etc

ermm ok…

Western Digital 1TB external HDD

and its across all typed of video format that it stops video and keeps going with audio but others in the same format are ok.

for example.

MOVIE - JACK… WMV format.    the video will stop and audio will keep going. and then video catches up…

MOVIE - JOHN. WMV format.    it is perfectly fine throughout movie.

obviously they arnt the proper video names hahaha.

but they work fine on comp without useing the WD TV LIVE Media player.

post the files details from mediainfo

went to download that and my virus scanner kicked in and basically said it is a virus :S

was just reading some other thread, and they said someone about firmware… 

is there anything i need to as such install on the WD TV LIVE HD media player.

to actually be able to use it, or do you just unwrap it from the box and plug in and pewpew watch stuff?

updated firmware and now it is saying that none of the file formats are accessible…

and they were accessible before updateing firmware… 

may be a stupid question BUT…

since i have updated the firmware will i have to delete everything thats on there and  put all the movies and tv shows back on there again?

shadowM wrote:

updated firmware and now it is saying that none of the file formats are accessible…

and they were accessible before updateing firmware… 

may be a stupid question BUT…

since i have updated the firmware will i have to delete everything thats on there and  put all the movies and tv shows back on there again?

No need to delete anything.

Try this (as detailed in the WD release notes)

Problems during or after firmware upgrade

All issues: 

1. Reset your unit through the user interface: Settings/System/”Reset to factory defaults”

2. Hard reset by momentarily pressing a pin in the “Reset” hole on the side of the WD 

TV unit. (This will reset the unit back to defaults without eliminating any media or 

personal files)

1. Delete the “.wd_tv” folder from your USB attached Hard Drive using a PC.  Re attach 

USB to the WD TV

You could also unplug the unit from power for some minutes.

thanks bud, any clue as too why some movies or tvshows jitter on video but audio is perfectly fine?