Mac OS X Mojave Files Disappear, Reappear, Disconnection, and Saving Issues

Hi,

I have the WD MyCloud EX2 connected to my LAN. I use the device to store word documents, spreadsheets, and other basic office files that need to be shared within my small home office. I have two users and three computers that access the EX2. All of the devices are Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6.

Sometimes, when one user goes to save, copy, or paste files, the entire directory will go blank. You can still see the file folder, but there’s nothing in it. Then, after a hard reset of the EX2, the directories are generally restored and all of the files are in tact.

I also experience several connection issues, timeouts, and problems saving files. For example, right now I’m working on an excel spreadsheet. When I go to save the revised version of my spreadsheet, I can see the EX2 is connected, but when I go to save the file, I’m unable to. And the pop-up window in Excel for saving files will just freeze up. This happens in other programs such as Microsoft Word. And is happening across all of the devices: iMac, MacBook Pro, etc.

I have EX2 set to RAID 1. But haven’t configured too many of the other settings. Do I have something simple setup incorrectly? It becomes especially more problematic when I go to rearrange or move files or folders from location on the EX2 drive to another on the EX2 drive.

Thanks for any help!

Hello WesternUnion,

You should try performing 40 second reset on the device.

IF you have already performed the 40 second reset on the device and the issue still persists, you should perform diagnostics on the device to isolate the issue. To diagnose the drive, refer to the link given:

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22008

Try disabling the My Cloud Media streaming or cloud access services to isolate the issue.

If the issue still persists, please refer to the link given below to contact WD Support.