Mac OS SL - Console Message

console message repeats every 10 seconds
How do I resolve this ??????????????????

1/1/11 10:05:22 PM WDDriveManagerStatusMenu[150] ***attempt to pop an unknown autorelease pool (0x8be400)
1/1/11 10:05:38 PM WDDriveManagerStatusMenu[150]*** attempt to pop an unknown autorelease pool (0x8bd400)
1/1/11 10:05:42 PM WDDriveManagerStatusMenu[150] ***attempt to pop an unknown autorelease pool (0x8be400)
1/1/11 10:14:34 PM WDDriveManagerStatusMenu[150]*** attempt to pop an unknown autorelease pool (0x1001200)

Are you using Snow Leopard? The WD Drive Manager have issues with this OS, try to download the latest version of the WD Drive Manager, from WD Website.

I just purchased a WD My Passport   Studio 1/20/11

I came with 2.24 from 2008 Guess I should upgrade to 2.25

WIll that help

attempt to pop an unknown autorelease pool

syslog error level

messages generated every 10 seconds!!

Not sure on the other drives, but I’ve recently got a MyBook Studio 2, the latest drive manager software for that is 2.25 so it sounds like it may be the same software.

Unfortunately (so Ive found) the software is NOT compatible with Snow Leopard, and gives the console errors you describe - not only will this slow down the system, but prevents the MAC from entering sleep mode.

Ive uninstalled the software, and just contemplating whether to return the drive to the supplier.

I.M.O. its false advertising on WD’s part - as these drives are clearly stated as being Snow Leopard 10.6 compatible.

There’s also a thread where a WD staff member states there wont be an update as the drives are “end of line”.

“End of line” or not - I just paid £300 for my drive and I want the compatibility advertised.

Rant over (for now).

I saw that “end-o-line” but I didn;t think it was re;ated to passport.

Re syslog I think there should be  a way to config syslog to discard those message.

Watch here,  I will post it here if I find it.

I have the My Book-Studio Edition II

Running on MaMini with SL 10.6

I agree , I think the software ( WD Drive Manager)  was presented wrong, Maybe outdated for SL.

The only to stop the repeating 10 second re-initiating was to delete it from the get go. Start Up.

If you find anything more please inform me.

Thanks

I have the same issue on Snow Leopard with my 2 4TB MyBook Studio II disks on a MacBook Pro and a MacMini.

On my MacBook I uninstalled the app just a few minutes ago and the message is gone :slight_smile:

Can somebody confirm that, after configuring the drive (I have both configured with RAID1) the app is more ore less ‘nice to have’ instead of ‘need to have’?

Suggestion for WD: if you are not going to update the drive manager can you please open source it so that one or more users can take a look at it.

imho it is very little work to solve this issue and it is a pain in the ***bleep*** for your clients…

Marcel

They have not upgraded this software for SL, that I am aware of. 

I agree with you, if they are not going too, let someone else do it. There a lot of SL users that need it.

And that would be good customer service???