Mac Desktop App Won't Connect to Large Directory

I have about 50 gigs of music files in a “Music” directory on the MyCloud.  Whether I’m on my home network or accessing from outside the network, the Mac Desktop App for MyCloud simply will not load the files in that directory.  It sees the directory, and it sees the subdirectories, but if I click on any particular subdirectory, I get the loading circle indefinitely, and it tells me “there are no files in the folder.”  YES THERE ARE.  Does anyone know what I can do to get this thing to load?  I feel as though I’ve tried everything.  I’ve reset the device.  I even bought an upgraded gigabit router to make sure it wasn’t a problem with that.

Well I gave up.  I am returning the MyCloud and buying a product from another company.  Good luck to anyone else who is trying to use this thing.

There’s been a few cases shown where the use of Custom Icons (particularly on Macs) prevents folders from loading correctly…

Just FYI…

Thanks for the response Tony.  I appreciate you taking the time to reply even though I posted that I’m giving up.  I don’t have any custom icons, etc.  This device just has so many problems, and they all appear to be on the software side.  I really just want something that will work without having to go through so many tweaks and troubleshooting maneuvers.  I’m not an IT professional, but I’d say I’m a competent amateur, but this thing has just taken way too many hours and I still haven’t gotten it to work.  I’m going with a product that has a more established reputation for easy software.  The unfortunate thing is it costs a little more, but the time and headaches saved will be worth it for me.  It’s too bad, because I really did want to like this MyCloud, and would love for it to work after all the hours I’ve put in trying to get it there.  Plus it’s always a pain to have to repackage and ship something, but that’s what it’s come to for me.  Thanks again for your reply.