Mac "Connection Failed" Message

I have a brand new MyCloudEX2Ultra and it works well other than the fact that I’m unable to mount the drive on my Mac. The network show up on the “Shared” area of the Finder but I’m unable to connect to it either as “Guest” or as “Registered User”. Using the “Go” - “Connect to server” function on the Finder gives me a similar result: I can get through the process but after the drive is mounted I get the “Connection Failed” message again. I’ve never had problems mounting a drive, any suggestions?

My Mac is running macOS Sierra (10.12.1) and the MyCloud box is running Firmware Version : 2.21.119

Found the answer on another post: Can't connect to My Cloud server from Mac Finder

Deleted twonkymedia share that was pre-loaded on the drive and I’m good to go. Strange that this was the problem…

2 Likes

I’m glad you were able to find a solution, and I thank you for sharing it with the WD Community for other Users in need.

Wow, thanks, I’ve been looking for a solution for a couple of months now, and finally this works!
I have no idea why they put this Twonkymedia on it anyway.
But I deleted it and now it works!

Tony