Mac - Big Sur 11.0.1 - I can see all folders in web based My Cloud, but only TimeMachineBackup in Finder

I won’t be buying Western Digital ever again and have let my tech contacts know of my frustrations too.

1 Like

i can confirm. NOT working. It gets stuck at 50% and just changing images. I left it 20 hours and it didnțt passed from there.

i did everything in the WD article pointed by cme. useless. sorry to tell that.

i restarted, deleted , fresh dlownload, fresh install, restart…nothing working…

:slightly_frowning_face: very dissapointed

… FYI … in the link provided , it seems to be installed on other OS than Big Sur. I used it on High Siera, Mojave and Catalina. It worked.

But now, On Big Sur, no way.

About 3 users had reported success with big sur after enabling the WDDesktop Finder Extension, but that could be different machine type and configuration and they haven’t reported back with continued functionality.

re:

I’ve done all of this and all the other advice - still not working (hours lost… and I have a super busy job…). Finally had acknowledgement from WD the WD Discovery App is NOT working with Big Sur and they’re working on an update, but could not give me a timeline. This is urgently needed WD. In the meantime (given how many hrs this has cost me, still not working and no idea if/when it will ever be fixed), I will not be buying or recommending WD again. Pls get this fixed - ASAP.

A new update for WD Discovery was released March 31, but it appears they haven’t resolved the issue with My Cloud Home not appearing on the desktop:

https://support-en.wd.com/app/products/downloads/release-notes/note_id/29475

Updated my Macbook last week overnight. Woke up to a whole bunch of permission requests from WD (it auto-started) and LO AND BEHOLD! I finally see My Cloud Home in Finder!

I’ll admit I was a little suspicious about some of the permissions, but all of them - including one that was just some fellow’s name - all checked out with Google searches as being legit and tied to WD in one way or another. So HALLELUYAH!

Are you using an intel Mac? I’ve been waiting to upgrade to Big Sur because I never heard back if my MacBook Pro from 2015 will work with the newest update. I was having the same problem where the drive wasn’t appearing on the desktop.