M3U Playlists on WD Mybook Live

I am the owner of a brand new My Book Live running firmware 01.02.03 (the latest)

However there is a problem adding playlists in the ‘Shared Music’ folder in that any playlist added appears empty. This appears to be because the ‘Shared Music’ folder is mounted on /shares/Public/Shared Music/… but the Twonky server only looks for music for the playlists in /shares/lo/…

I have tried adding ‘…/’ at the start of the path in the M3U playlist file but Twonky seems to strip this before considering the file name.

I have also tried creating a new share called ‘lo’ and while Twonky t then finds the file to add to the playlist it does not exist in the Twonky media database so fails at the next step.

Any suggestions on how I can get M3U playlists to work?

Thanks

Note you can view the Twonky logs by going to http://the_ip_address_of_your_MB_live:9000 in your web browser and going into the maintenance menu.

I don’t quite understand your problem. Twonky looks for music in all my public folders. I just make a playlist and add it to the public/music directory and play from there.

I’m not sure where your /shares/lo comes from and why you believe that Twonky only looks in this directory.

I use playlist creator with relative entries.

http://www.oddgravity.com/app-opc.php

Hi,

I suspect this problem may be specific to the Mybook Live.  When you view the Twonky log file for the playlist in question I can see:

18:31:30:840 upnp_locate_playlist_file playlistfile=[/shares/Public/Shared Music/Playlists/CM_U1.m3u] file=[Music/Katie Melua/Call Off The Search/01 Call Off The Search.mp3]
18:31:30:840 LOG_SCAN: upnp_locate_playlist_file_by_dir(): In
18:31:30:841 LOG_SCAN: locate_playlist_file_by_dir [/shares/lo] [Music/Katie Melua/Call Off The Search/01 Call Off The Search.mp3]
18:31:30:841 locate_playlist_file_by_dir check=[/shares/lo/Music/Katie Melua/Call Off The Search/01 Call Off The Search.mp3]
18:31:30:841 LOG_SYSTEM:file_stat error (errno=2, filename=/shares/lo/Music/Katie Melua/Call Off The Search/01 Call Off The Search.mp3)
18:31:30:841 locate_playlist_file_by_dir check=[/shares/lo/Katie Melua/Call Off The Search/01 Call Off The Search.mp3]
18:31:30:841 LOG_SYSTEM:file_stat error (errno=2, filename=/shares/lo/Katie Melua/Call Off The Search/01 Call Off The Search.mp3)
18:31:30:841 locate_playlist_file_by_dir check=[/shares/lo/Call Off The Search/01 Call Off The Search.mp3]
18:31:30:841 LOG_SYSTEM:file_stat error (errno=2, filename=/shares/lo/Call Off The Search/01 Call Off The Search.mp3)
18:31:30:841 locate_playlist_file_by_dir check=[/shares/lo/01 Call Off The Search.mp3]
18:31:30:841 LOG_SYSTEM:file_stat error (errno=2, filename=/shares/lo/01 Call Off The Search.mp3)
18:31:30:841 LOG_SCAN: upnp_locate_playlist_file_by_dir(): Out

Its not specific on Mybook live. You may be getting sidetracked by complicated logs.

As I said just put your ‘relative’ playlists into the public/music directory. They work fine.

Hi,

I am using relative playlists but Twonky appears to try and work relative to a location that does exist - namely /shares/lo  hence it can not find any tracks.

I only thing that I can suggest is that maybe you could reset to factory defaults on the twonky web interface and see if that helps.

You could also post this problem on the twonky forum.

http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewforum.php?f=2