LOTR judders on WD SMP but plays great on laptop

Just made backups of  2 towers and fellowship with MakeMKV (MKV format). When I went to playback thru WD live SMP both movies studder. It just looks like the frame rate is off . There has been no change to settings, tv, etc. Every other movie plays fine as well as some that were ripped after these. There doesn’t appear to be any software issues here so it takes me back to the player.  (Already posted on makemkv forum with no solutions).

Thanks.

You can post the media info text file here and some of the users can let you know what is not making the file compatible.

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

How are you accessing the files, wirelessly, wired, directly attached HDD?

Are these HD mkv’s or STD mkv’s?

Are you connected via HDMI?  And if so, what are the HDMI settings on the SMP?

If you are connected via HDMI and the HDMI is set to Auto, try changing it to 720P or 1080P 60Hz.

How are you accessing the files, wirelessly, wired, directly attached HDD?  The whole setup (WD, NAS, etc) is all hard wired.

Are these HD mkv’s or STD mkv’s?  BR Mkv’s only, no SD content

Are you connected via HDMI?  And if so, what are the HDMI settings on the SMP?  HDMI connected

If you are connected via HDMI and the HDMI is set to Auto, try changing it to 720P or 1080P 60Hz.–this could be it.  Just not sure why it would effect it.  I’ll be checking it tonight, hopefully that does it.  Regardless, my plasma is 720P, won’t it recognize that and then default back to 720 from 1080P if I change it since 1080P would not be a supported resolution for the TV?

Thanks

yosef wrote:> Just not sure why it would effect it.  I’ll be checking it tonight, hopefully that does it.  Regardless, my plasma is 720P, won’t it recognize that and then default back to 720 from 1080P if I change it since 1080P would not be a supported resolution for the TV?

Thanks

Because the SMP has issues detecting the correct EDID of some TV’s, if it’s in Auto it could have the wrong settings and if if it’s using 24Hz, 50Hz etc. instead of the correct setting then you will get the juttering that you are experiencing.