Lost volume - mapping issues

Have an ex2100 with 2 drives in jbod. Was staying elsewhere for a week so took with me. At that location could only access over cloud not as network drive.
Returned home. Had to remap the drive.
For some reason i cannot see the volume name for second drive. Have i

Now have access to the 2nd drive but all the information is lost, saying that there almost all available. however the bar shows the data still on the drive.
is there a way to recover the data?

@Muadib,

I’ve got an EX4100, and not an EX2100 but assuming they are much the same. Have you tried, enabling SSH and then using an SSH client such as PuTTY and connecting to the NAS ? From here if you go into /shares and look through the contents here does it show your data ? There should be a folder for each share that you created on the unit in /shares.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers,

JediNite

1 Like

Ok I am starting to believe i am out of my depth as trying to use putty i get host does not exist, Have tried the net address from the mycloud dashboard. tried the mapped address for the nas drive and the name of the ex2100 with same result.
Downloaded putty to my laptop, was i supposed to install on the ex2100 itself?

@Muadib,

You first need to enable SSH access within the Dashboard, under “Settings → Network → SSH”. Once you have enabled this use putty and log in as the “root” user and the same password you use for the dashboard.

Cheers,

JediNite