Lost remote, how play wdhd?

I am holiday, packed the wdhd, but not the remote.  Is there any way to read the files on my tv, and to select options (eg. via pc?)  Not sure I can find a universal remote good for WD (I am in Turkey).  Any ideas?

Nope. you’re outta luck (sorry).

(Just enjoy your vacation – that’s really the whole point of getting away )

(Although, if you have installed the beta software you *could* use a USB keyboard plugged into the Live).

Hi mkelley,

Could you pls confirm could we you an USB keyboard ? which firmware version support ? Thanks so much !

The latest 1.03.35 beta firmware. But if you aren’t running this I don’t see how you can update it to that version without a remote.

Your other alternatives would probably be ordering a remote seperately from WD, or using a universal remote controller like the logitech harmony, which I think should work.

Fiater0936 wrote:

Hi mkelley,

Could you pls confirm could we you an USB keyboard ? which firmware version support ? Thanks so much !

As the previous poster says.

Note that it doesn’t work with all blutooth wireless keyboards – it seems to work with all Logitech ones (mine and some others have reported this) but not MS ones (in this case I’m the only one to have reported this, but I don’t know if anyone else has tried one).  But the cheap Logitech blutooth USB keyboards are particularly nice with the Live.

I don’t know if there are ANY wired keyboards that WON’T work – so you should be safe there (but a wireless keyboard is SO much nicer with the Live).

Hi,

Logitech wireless K320 and Microsoft Arc wireless keyboards work on WD TV Live 1.03.35.

I have a ZyXel wireless USB network adapter and MS Arc wireless USB receiver connected to a USB hub, which is in turn connected to the side USB port, and a USB HDD conected to the rear USB port. All devices work so far.

1 Like