Lost entire partition

Hi

I had a problem that i couldn’t do anything with Mycloud, and  i was trying to restore rootfs partition, but i made a mistake and restore all the disk with the rootfs.img. My question is 

Has someone got full backup of all partition of WDMyCloud 4 tb or can i trow it to the garbage?

Hello there,

I have not tried this, but lets see if another user can hare some information or tips on this matter. 

Hi  tiago.woa,

no issues this can be easly restored

follow the howto unbrick from here

Howto unbrick device or replace HDD to another: Method one - by Fox_EXE

1 Like

Ok i have the disk fully restore thanks you so much :smiley:

But now it’s saying that i don’t have any space left, i’am making a Full Factory Reset and then i’ll update the firmware, and maybe it ill solve the problem. Or did i screw up during the restore of the disk?

Thanks again !

tiago.woa wrote:

But now it’s saying that i don’t have any space left, i’am making a Full Factory Reset and then i’ll update the firmware, and maybe it ill solve the problem. Or did i screw up during the restore of the disk?

Just do “quick reset” from web gui (not full reset).

1 Like

Hi

After the quick restore, i have full acess on web  gui, and  can delete and create share, so i tried to upgrade the firmware, it has done all the steps, but since i upgrade to the new firmware, i can only acess web gui for 30s, and iam losing the connection with MyCloud every time…

Do reset again. (poweroff, press reset hole, poweron, wait ~1min)

I did the reset as you said, and the 40s reset but i still have no acess… I don’t know what else i can do… Do i need to restore the hdd again?

I tried to do all the process again, i reboot the wdmycloud and was ok. Tried to upgrade de firmware and it happened again…

I have a doubt about the process to replace the hdd

8-1. Prepare main RAID partition (For rootfs): mdadm --create /dev/md0 --level=1 --metadata=0.9 --raid-devices=2 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdb2
* Type "watch cat /proc/mdstat" and wait 100%. Then - [ctrl] + [c] for close.

^On this part it is supposed to create another drive separately from the wdmycloud disk ?

hi diaahussein,

thanks for your advice, i successfully bring my dead cloud (4tb) back to live. After trying so many tips from another thread (which are useless for me).

Now i decide to not enable ssh connection anymore, a slightly wrong permission grant (chmod) can cause the "DEAD BRICK’

regards.