Loss of Access to Shares with Firmware v04.04.00-307

ps 

1. i’m on a mac

2. this folder is not public

attaching a screen shot of what it looks like.

Welcome to the Community.

Are you the only one able to modify files remotely on your unit? One thing is a missing folder. Another thing is a completely new folder with a different name appearing after the original folder went missing. It could have been an accident. 

I used to be able to get a list of shares for navigation and use by using a desktop shortcut with the IP address of the MyCloud on my LAN. Now all I get from the shortcut is the Dashboard. I still have access to files I have created on the MyCloud via the Recent files list in the MS Office applications, but can no longer create new ones or move files, etc. I have checked the IP address and it is correct. Any ideas?

I forgot to mention that my PC runs Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Also, I used to have access to the shares via MS Explorer by entering the IP address.  If the PC had been rebooted since the previous time I accessed the shares, I would be prompted for credentials appropriate to the particular share I wanted to access, which is not a problem. 

We have passed along this information to WD Support.

1 Like

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Cloud/New-Firmware-released-today-9-28-2015/td-p/905483

1 Like

I checked the Dashboard and confimed I have the new firmware (4.04.00-308) but my problem remains.   

I received a call from Support and he showed me how, with the firmware v04.04.00-308, I could access the shares for navigation via Explorer.  The approach that works is to click on Networks and then dobule click on MyCloud.  It works and I can navigate the shares again.  The use of a shortcut or entering the URL in the Exploer address bar still does not work, but the functionality is back.   SUCCESS!

Have you mapped your shares as named drives (D:, E:, F: etc) under the Windows file system? That’s the best way of accessing the MyCloud locally, so that it appears just like any other disk to all programs. Then your desktop shortcuts are just normal shortcuts to named drives.

I just discovered that my MyCloud drive just updated the firmware (to v04.04.00-307). I can access the firmware like normal, but cannot access the drive via Finder (I’m on OS X 10.8.5, 2010 Macbook Pro). I can still see the drive just fine from my iPhone, just not from my laptop.

Any suggestions on how to fix that?

The same exact thing happened to me.  I can’t access my drive via Finder.  I can pull up my external drive via using the ip address, or using the WD software.  I don’t know what to do.  It also stopped working after the firmware update.

I found that I could connect directly to the “server” via Finder’s “Connect to server.” It’s odd that this works but not connecting directly via Finder, but it’ll do for now. Hopefully the next firmware fixes it.

I have exactly this problem on Mac Snow Leopard (10.6.8) - on two different computers. No access via finder, cannot eject the shared hd name. Yet i can access it by Finder > Connect to Server. Are we stuck with this? It’s not good enough! I checked my alerts and had the following sequence:

26 Sept 2015: Firmware update successful

Later…

26 Sept 2015: The network link is down or has become intermittent. Please check your network connection.

Conclusion: yup, WD firmware update 4.04.00-307 caused this.

We have passed along this information to WD Support.

Regards,

Trancer.

1 Like

Thanks Trancer! It would be nice to access directly via Finder (given that’s my habit), but I’m ok with the workaround. =D

hola, tengo el my cloud 3tb. ayer se fue la luz , ahora no tengo acceso , de ninguna manera, pc, android etc… ningun acceso es posible, intente el reset sin resultado , no puedo ver los archivos, no puedo cambiar la configuracion , nada!
el firewall esta bien, hice PING y detecta bien 1ms , el router lo detecta , pero no tengo acceso al disco

error: imposible conectar al dispositivo

hello, I have my cloud the 3tb. yesterday was light, now I have no access, no way, pc, android etc … no access is possible, try to reset without result, I can not see the files, settings can not be changed, nothing!
the firewall is fine, I PING and detects well 1ms, the router detects this, but I have no disk access

Error: Can not connect to device

Welcome to the Community,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact.aspx

Regards,

Trancer.

it is not a solution nor was it helpful as said folders are gone…and there is no answer on how to find them.

if it indeed was an accident is there a way to recover said folder?

I’m escalating you for support to help you out.  Someone will be in touch soon.