Losing Network

I have my SMP connected to my network via a Netgear switch and my movies stored on a NAS (QNAP-219P+) as a network Windows share.  After going through a setup everything works great, I can turn the SMP On and Off (Standby) and my Media Library finds the shared folders fine. However if I turn the SMP Off for over 24 hours, when I turn it bak On I get “Content Source Removed”. I try to find my Windows Share and get a Red X, it cannot find them. I do a Network Ckeck and it indicates OK and my Media Library shared folders are still listed under the Media Library Setup. However, to get things working again I must do a NW Setup (Automatic) again. Then everything comes up OK.  What is happening over this longer period of time that loses my network?

I have the same issue, no matter which firmware version.  I need to redo the Network Settings almost every day.

+1  I get this too roughly 5/10 times it loses and then the other 5 after a 1-2 minute wait it works and library compiles…

Sound’s like your NAS is going to sleep along with the SMP. When you turn the SMP back on, your NAS is still asleep till the SMP look’s for your share,s which wakes your NAS but this is to late for the SMP it thinks the shares are no longer there. I would turn off all sleep setting’s on your NAS and see if that solves your issue, I think it will. Good luck

Sslither wrote:

Sound’s like your NAS is going to sleep along with the SMP. When you turn the SMP back on, your NAS is still asleep till the SMP look’s for your share,s which wakes your NAS but this is to late for the SMP it thinks the shares are no longer there. I would turn off all sleep setting’s on your NAS and see if that solves your issue, I think it will. Good luck

sslither…

i turned off all sleep settings but it still loses my hdd/pc network randomly after hard power off  :frowning: anyone any other ideas… :slight_smile:

I was having this exact same issue.

My NAS was set to go to sleep, once this feature was disabled that problem went away.

slip

I used to have the same problem. What I did after resetting the settings was that I changed the screen display from the default to list view. Then when I restarted the SMP I got the “Content Source Removed”.

Then when I got the error again I changed the screen display (in video menu) back to default and now it works every time I restart the box.