Losing network share source on WD TV Live Streaming player

bought the unit for 3 weeks now.  absolutely love it until lately it started losing network share source.  I did factory setting reset a few times and resolve the issue but this time no matter what I do I see nothing in the setwork share section.  I am totally lost… please help!!!  

Tried every method I found on this forum and came to this conclusion:

Every time if there is a lost connection with the network share you basically had to restart network by going to “setup” and “network setting” & refresh workgroup name.  Somehow the system will also work even if you choose a different workgroup name from your home network.  All of my devices are set to “WORKGROUP” as the workgroup name.  I change the workgroup name to “HOMEGROUP” in my WD TV Live SMP and it connects as well.  Although there are static sounds came out from my TV speaker at first.  I turned TV off and back on then everything seems to be working fine.  

However, as long as I unplug the unit or do a hard power down (press power button for 5 sec)  I would loose network share again.  Then I had to repeat the proces of restart network by doing what I did above.  I guess the good thing is now at least I know a faster way to cure it.  But it’s still annoying that you periodically loose network share.  I mainly use the unit to stream media from my NAS.

I have 2 external HD hooked up to a Verbatim Mediashare_mini,  I also just received a LG smartTV upgrader ST600 yesterday and it had absolutely no problem connecting to the network and stream my media.  I will say the WD TV Live is a superior product in terms of the actual media player especially in dealing with subtitle issues.  But just the issues with the network share is really bugging the **bleep** out of me.

Hope WD come up with a fix in the coming firmware upgrade.

Thanks for posting this workaround … I’ve seen some issues talking about the same

will reference this post to see if they can “fix” it as well

Did this happen after the latest firmware?

"Thanks for posting this workaround … I’ve seen some issues talking about the same

will reference this post to see if they can “fix” it as well

Did this happen after the latest firmware?"

yes, I tried with both the latest firmware as well as going back to the one before this.  Same situation, i would loose network share periodically.  But for sure I would loose network share if I unplug or hard power down the unit.

Thanks for the In site, Im having similar problems, since firmware update, but the older WDTV live media player is fine!! I hope WD looks into this issue as it is really frustrating.

Thanks for posting this tackall.  I have the same problem and it was driving me nuts trying to find a solution. At least now I have a workaround.  

I have exactly this problem. Rebooting via hard power down or “restart player” will lose network shares.

Thanks for this workaround, awkward as it may be.  Any change to the workgroup “restarts” the network which appears to be what solves the problem.

It is very annoying.  None of my Gen2 WD Live TV boxes had this problem.  This is my first upgrade and it has been a buggy ride.  I’ll hold off on any further upgrades until WD fixes this issue.  I mean, it’s a streaming player… the network code has to be solid at the core.

Try using a fixed ip on WDTV.

This has also solved to me some speed problems accessing network shares.

Please Please Please…WDTV

Allow me to select the network drive instead of searching for it…\Computer\SharedDrive\

I can connect to my mapped drive with everything on my nework easily.  Except for my WDTV, evey time the thing loses power I have to pull my hair out to get it to connect again.

same issue with mine i have found rebooting the pc the files are on also fixes it for a few hrs.