Losing Audio on Video files

Just received my new Hub today. I have it connected to a Panasonic plasma TV via HDMI and have updated to the current firmware via wireless network connection. The main reason for the purchase is to view video files (ripped DVD’s and home video), so I was eager to try out that feature first. Unfortunately, there seems to be a problem – the audio keeps dropping out on playback of all my video files.  It happens on ripped DVD’s (ISO files and DVD folders, all ripped using DVD Decrypter) and home video (DVD folders and wmv files), and it happens on files played from the internal storage as well as streamed over the network.  There are no audio problems viewing Netflix or playing music from my NAS and the sample videos also play just fine.

I was hoping this would be a simple setting fix or some other other basic newbie issue but have seen nothing like this in a few hours of searching this board. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love the potential of this device and it’s frustrating to hit a roadblock like this right out of the gate.

Hi

Seems to be a variety of video files that give you problems.

You may have upgraded to quickly to the new firmware, it seems to have problems with DVD ISOs, but mostly playback as far as I am aware.

There is an option to roll back the firmware, I would do this to see if it helps. Unless the same thing happened before you updated.

Roll back your firmware:   http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/

Oh never mind. It was the HDMI cable. I guess they’re not all the same after all.