Lose Internet when connecting WD MC

Continuing the discussion from Can't access Internet:

So I just purchases a new WD My Cloud yesterday, and plugged it in to my router (NetGear R6250 Smart WiFi Router) and it immediately made my internet drop. I could not use it on any device in my house. I rebooted my Time Warner Modem and my Router, it came back up but very very slow. I was able to set up my MC, but throughout the process, the internet kept getting dropped. It was very frustrating. If I unplugged the MC from the Router, rebooted everything, it worked fine, but as soon as I plugged it in again, out went the internet. I believe it has something to do with the router, but I don’t know what to do to try to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. I have plugged it in to each port but the same thing happens. I am trying to do on-line research, but if anyone has anything to offer, I would appreciate it. Thanks

Continuing the discussion from With MyCloud connected, network loses internet connection repeatedly:

So I just purchases a new WD My Cloud yesterday, and plugged it in to my router (NetGear R6250 Smart WiFi Router) and it immediately made my internet drop. I could not use it on any device in my house. I rebooted my Time Warner Modem and my Router, it came back up but very very slow. I was able to set up my MC, but throughout the process, the internet kept getting dropped. It was very frustrating. If I unplugged the MC from the Router, rebooted everything, it worked fine, but as soon as I plugged it in again, out went the internet. I believe it has something to do with the router, but I don’t know what to do to try to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. I have plugged it in to each port but the same thing happens. I am trying to do on-line research, but if anyone has anything to offer, I would appreciate it. Thanks

Do you have a Gigabyte Switch to try as a “go between” for the My Cloud?

My Cloud → Switch → Router