Looooong startup time on movies?

i bought a wd tv live hub a couple of days ago and am loving it. but i just bought a wd tv live to connect to it for another room. i see the movies but the type says unknown, and genre says unknown, and i literally thought it was broken for the longest time because it wouldnt play movies at all, eventually i found out it would start if i left it… for like 30-60 seconds. why they HUGE long start time? ive got both set up on a 1 gbit switch with good cables. i even tried playing a movie from a usb drive directly plugged in, it was faster, but still like 10+ seconds before a movie would start. on the wdtvlive hub movies start really fast. i thought i read the hardware is essentially the same. what gives? do i have a faulty unit or does this model just have horrendous start/buffer times compared to the hub?

also. if i put the movies into thumbnail mode, none of the thumbnails show up, where they are fine on the hub.

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Regards,