Looks like the WDTV LIVE Hub is NOW or VERY SOON becoming an unsupported device

BIG SHOUT to all fellow Live Hub users!!

Just seen this recent post, which begins to make me think that we maybe soon FORGOT about, as it seems that WD will not be promoting Netflix for OUR seemingly outdated device. [UK users]

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/Netflix-Ireland-amp-UK-working-for-anyone/m-p/331435#M4022

My only advice…

…Wait for the Apple TV Gen 3 device coming out and…(well lets see soon)!!!

That’s a stretch. There are so many intellectual property licensing issues involved with Netflix outside the US that have nothing to do with whether WD keeps supporting the WDTV devices.

@ Miami

Did you actually check out the post??

My claims were supported with regards to the wdtv live hub…

Your claim is that WD is no longer supporting the Hub because of Netflix? As Miami said, that’s a stretch, and a rather tight one at that…

lets wait and see!

1 Like

architectonic wrote:

@ Miami

Did you actually check out the post??

My claims were supported with regards to the wdtv live hub…

Yeah, I did, and you’re wrong. The WDTV does not exist solely for Netflix. It is an added feature that is not required for the Live Hub to do what it was designed for, which is primarily to stream locally-stored media files. If Netflix goes bankrupt the Live Hub will continue to do what it does and WD will continue to support it at least until they introduce a newer product and for a long while after. Your fear-mongering post has no basis in fact and your extrapolation falls short of reality.