Looking Into a SlingBox Set up

Hello all -

I am looking into buying the WD Live Stream and a Sling Box Solo, but had a question about the functionality before I take the plunge. Basically I want to hook the Sling Box up to my cable box at home and take my WD Live TV to a seperate location to be able to watch on a TV there. However, I’m curios as to what happens if someone is watching TV at my house (let’s say my girlfriend for example) and I am at another location using the WD to access the sling box and my cable. Will I mess up her viewing experience and vice versa when changing channels etc.??

Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Schoonmaker83 wrote:

[snip]

Will I mess up her viewing experience and vice versa when changing channels etc.??

Yep; absolutely.

I do that to my wife (intentionally :slight_smile:  ) on occasion.

Thanks for the reply my friend. So I guess the only way to solve that would be to pay for another box from my cable provider eh? Oh well.

Does the slinbox setup work well for you with the WD LIVE? I hear so many negative comments on here, just wondering if it’s worth shelling out the cash right now? Any opinions and or experiences worth relating?

Thanks again.

Slingplayer app does have some issues – but for the most part, it works OK…  

I read up on sling boxes i while back to find out what it was and if i remember correctly you can just buy some cheap tv and hook it up at your home put it in the corner and then put the slingbox to that thus wifey can watch tv uninterrupted.

I am not sure but that was my understanding of what i read

Don’t even need a TV.  Just a video source.