Looking for Passport Software

I have files backed up to My Passport 07301015 from my old computer and just bought a new computer – Windows 10 OS on both machines. I was unable to find SmartWare for my model of Passport in the software downloads page, to enable me to recover files from the Passport to the new PC.
Where else should I look?

I should clarify that windows file explorer finds the files on the passport, the drive is E: – just like on my old PC. But I cannot load SmartWare from the Passport, nor can I find it in software downloads on the WDC site.

Karl,

Go to Downloads and look for WD Backup. It replaces WD Smartware and works fine. You may have to Erase your external drive and start all over. And it may seem quite slow. Just hang in there.

Cliff

Thanks, I just replaced smartware with backup. Once Backup has a chance to do its thing, I’ll flush the smartware files off my passport.
Karl

Karl,

I think you will have removed Smartware files before Backup will work.

Cliff

There’s enough space on my Passport to accommodate a backup, so it’s working even though some old smartware files are still on the drive. I did uninstall smartware to enable backup, and it’s working as advertised. Thanks for the follow up.
Karl