Long Migration in Home Duo

I bought the new Home Duo because my Buffalo NAS was giving me issues. I can no longer directly access the Buffalo NAS except via FTP.

So i bought the new Home Duo and i took out the 2x 2TB HD from Buffalo and inserted into the Home Duo.

It went into Migration Mode … But for more than 10 days. Until today it is still prompting :

“Your content is being migrated. Please wait patiently for My Cloud Home to come back as it could take awhile.”

My original data is only approx 1TB (50% used in the 2TB Raid-1 Buffalo NAS).

For a 1TB size of data, running on Raid-1, must it take that long to do migration ?

Doesn’t sound right. What shd i do ? Reboot ? Shut Down ?

Thanks.

Return My Cloud Home and buy another NAS. This product is slow, abandoned and limited from WD.
This is my suggestion after 2 Years of use.

1 Like

A bit too late. My old 2x HD is already inside and they are already in the midst of the migration process. If i force-stop it, and remove the HD, the HD most likely will get corrupted and my data will be all gone. It shd be day 10 now and it is still IN-PROCESS. OMG !!

Found the source of the problem.

WD My Home Duo CANNOT migrate other brand NAS.

The front light just continuously blink slowly for days and weeks.

And the pop-up message : “Your content is being migrated. Please wait patiently for My Cloud Home to come back as it could take awhile.” was a big lie.

NOTHING was migrated. I powered off the unit, took out the 2 HD and tested the content, everything was still in it’s original state, original format, original data.

WD should have better standards of software to reflect the proper status, rather than prompting Migration In Progress when it wasn’t doing anything at all.

Bad choice of purchase.

1 Like

I’m facing the same issue and it has been more than 2 weeks. is there a solution for this issue or is it a lost cause. I have the 12 TB Home Cloud Duo, i paid good money for this thing.

1 Like

NOPE. WD HOME CLOUD DUO SIMPLY CANNOT MIGRATE FROM ANY OTHER NAS.

They acknowledged that. I told them off. They should have spelled that out clearly in the user guide, which they didn’t.