Login/Username - Not working

I have been trying every suggestion that everyone else has suggested.

Even after being on the telephone with WD for 45 mins this thing is still not working.

I would love to hear or read a step by step as to how some people have gotten this to work.

I understand that some devices require a little tweaking and tuning to get it working, but this is just absurd.

Does anyone have any advice on what the most popular way of getting this thing to work is?

I returned a Boxee Box due to device failure and I hate to think that I am also going to have to return this also.

HELP!

DFrancis wrote:

I have been trying every suggestion that everyone else has suggested.

Even after being on the telephone with WD for 45 mins this thing is still not working.

I would love to hear or read a step by step as to how some people have gotten this to work.

I understand that some devices require a little tweaking and tuning to get it working, but this is just absurd.

Does anyone have any advice on what the most popular way of getting this thing to work is?

I returned a Boxee Box due to device failure and I hate to think that I am also going to have to return this also.

HELP!

If you mean the login username on the wdtv live, the default is “admin” ,without the quotation marks.

Cheers

Tried that and it didn’t work.

It might be more helpful if you explain exactly what you are trying to do.

Are you trying to login to a network share, or the web UI?

If your trying to login to a network share, does your share actually have a user name/password?

If you want help, you need to be more descriptive as to what it is you are trying to do and what you have tried.

I’m using a N40L  with Windows 7 shares and only get this problem after transfering files from one computer to the N40L with 3 hdd in a non raid config.

After having used the WDTV SMP with Winow shares with no problems untill I transfer a file from my PC to my N40L drives the WDTV sees my window shares but wont let me login…

If I turn off and back on my N40L micro server it lets me login into the WDTV SMP 

Has anyone else had similar problems.