"Login Service unavailable" on PC (WD Discovery)

Hi

I am trying to login and access My Cloud Home from my PC but I am getting the following error "“Login Service unavailable”. This has been going on for a month now, so quite drustrating. Screen shot attached.

Funny enough, I am able to access the drive from Chrome browser on the same PC.

I am also able to access the drive from a phone.

I tried uninstalling but the software does not uninstall.
I tried running the installation again to override the existing binaries, but the software does not install.

any help please.

Regards

What version of Windows?

windows 7 sp 1

Having the same issue on a Windows 10 computer with the My cloud plugged into my internet router

Me too and Can not solve problem

WD Server / Software is the cause at their end. Lots of other posts. You must report this to WD. So far they have apparently taken no action.

Same here, one W10 pc logs, the other does not. Android phones can log. Browser can log. Desktop application doesn’t. :unamused:

I am having same problem for both my Mac and Windows connection to the Storage Device. It did work yesterday from the Mac to connect to one account, when tried to switch to other account, the Login Service unavailable appears.

Any solution to this

Yes, complain to WD direct. Open a Ticket. This is happening to lots of people.

I’m having the same problem !

i thought it was only me !

i reached out the helpdesk and they asked me to restart my pc , update windows & disable anti virus.

Do it here: https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Thank you !

I’ve done that , i’ll see what thy will reply !

All working here now so they have fixed it. They have also blocked me from posting an new topics. Please test your setup, and if working post a New Topic telling people it may be fixed

Having same issue here too

我在中国,我的Mac端的WD discovery也不能用,一样的问题。