Login Authenication Process Stinks

I was wondering if I’m the only person who has problems logging in due to the “re-captcha” software.  I have to refresh the screen many, many times because I cannot ready &(*#&$#*!!! funky fonts. 

I spend more time trying to log in than I spend on the forum.

WD employees if read these comments do something to make customers like me happy - find a way to simplify the login process and get rid of “re-captcha”.

We are aware of the issue, we have escalated your request to the correct department. Soon they will find a solution.

As Nesvic is saying, we are working on simplifying the captchas.  It shouldn’t be much longer.

I’m glad to hear that WD is looking at a better login process.  i would hope that you would look at Goggle GMAIL and MS Hotmail.  They are world’s largest free e-mail providers and have simple and FRIENDLY login process.

I’m looking forward to something simple.

Wayne

Well, we finally got it taken care of.  The captchas are easy, and the login/registration bugs got fixed.

Wow.  It works and it is simple.   I suspect a lot of people are going to be happy!

Thanks guys. 

Wayne

I hope so.  I definitely was.  I sometimes have to log in around thirty times a day.