Logical Scroll Row by Row from Left to Right

no prob

mochi does support moviesheets like you said

the backdrop photos that are full screen, typically they rotate through a series of photos related to the selected item

those are moviesheets

the firmware as a built in scrapper, where it downloads moviesheets

and xml data

the other way to get moviesheets, is to use a program like thumbgen on your pc

this will allow you more flexibility in what is selected

then to take it a step further

some theme’s instead of displaying xml data, use thumbgen or other programs to burn the info directly into the moviesheet.jpg

what does WD know to display as a moviesheet? take a look at the xml data

there’s a series of lines with the tag backdrop

which will have the location of the moviesheet.jpg for the wd to display

KAD79 wrote:

no prob

what does WD know to display as a moviesheet? take a look at the xml data

there’s a series of lines with the tag backdrop

which will have the location of the moviesheet.jpg for the wd to display

Thanks for this, it is really helpful! :wink:

So would it be fair to assume that a user could effectively edit the XML to use a specific backdrop photo if that photo was placed in the correct ‘.backdrop’ folder?

Thanks again.

yep, here’s some reading about backdrops and paths :smiley:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Backdrops-store-backdrops-locally-all-the-serious-themers/td-p/211192/highlight/true

yep, you certainly can

you can add/remove/change the backdrop line/s in the xml

1 Like

Cool, thanks for that! :smiley:

I have one or two niche films which only have one backdrop/moviesheet, it would be nice to add some more of my own.

What fun! :wink:

KUDOS Points added but please be aware you cannot use them against the purchase of ‘two for one’ offers or ‘special purchases’!! LOL!

Slinky_McVelvet wrote:

Cool, thanks for that! :smiley:

I have one or two niche films which only have one backdrop/moviesheet, it would be nice to add some more of my own.

If you are using Thumbgen, you can add the pictures you want through that interface. I do that if the ones that theMovieDB.org does not have a picture I like, and have had to for many older and foriegn movies where there was no picuture at all for the backdrop. You will have to size them correctly (at least by ratio) so they don’t stretch or squish awkwardly. A full screen backdrop is 1280x720, but depending on theme, the picture may not need take up the entire screen as it may only be part of the background.

-P

1 Like

Hi Pearl,

No I don’t use Thumbgen, until this post I wasn’t entirely sure how it tied in with my SMP. Of course the good folk here have enlightened me so and now I have a much better understanding of it all.

Many thanks for the info, you just knew I’d be asking what size to make my backdrops sooner or later!

Very well anticipated. :wink:

Slinky_McVelvet wrote:

Hi Joey,

Thanks again for your assistance, although I would very much like to try this code out and hopefully improve the functionality of my device it would seem that one major piece of information has been overlooked in this post.

I’m not saying that you’re not aware of this yourself but I think it is important to tell other newbie’s like myself incase they go ahead and start making changes and then possible regret it.

I was looking for the GPL code as I was not quite sure exactly how to extract the XML from my own device. I now know that it can be downloaded from WD but the caveat is as follows:-

If you use this source code to update the device, it will be treated as a third party user-modified firmware. We recommend using firmware released by Western Digital only. Using third party or user-modified firmware will cause malfunction and will void your product warranty. Once you install third party or user-modified firmware, even if the product is rolled back to the original firmware from WD, access to certain features will be disabled.

I will keep a copy of this post and try it out once my warranty has expired. I am tempted to test it sooner but at present I am still considering returning it for a refund.

I guess I’m stuffed for the time being…, sorry to have wasted your time! :cry:

Doing what Joey says in the post below yours is true.  Modifying the xml files is not the same as modifying the firmware and installing it. You will not void your warranty.  If you do what Joey says and don’t attempt to install the entire gpl code, you will be fine.

Hi ya Bill,

Thanks for your conformation…, I think I’ve pretty much understood the advice from all concerned in this post.
 It’s good to know so many people have offered their support and reassurances.

I only wish I could put some of this advice to good use but at present my time is not my own due to a family crisis.

Hopefully in the not to distant future I can start giving back to the community.

All the best