Logging in to the WD Community web site

The setup you have created to log into this site is extremely difficult to use.  The very hard to read graphic words you are supposed to enter, dropping the password that was entered when you don’t get it right, etc.   It typically takes me 6-10 tries to log into this site.  This level of complexity is rediculous for a site like this.

It’s par for the course on forums these days, because that “reCaptcha” challenge limits spam. This forum was littered with dozens of spam posts per day until that was implemented. Short answer: just hit the reload button in the captcha challenge box until you get one you can read, or use the audio button to get an audio challenge.

Thanks, Tony. 

@ jbsumn

As Tony explained, the Captcha was a community request to limit spam.  It’s unfortunate we had to do such a thing, but it was necessary nonetheless.  I feel your pain though. 

Have you actually listened to the captcha? It sounds like a person trying to talk in a subway train full of people going thru a tunnel.

:laughing:

yup! I heard it too… I think it is supposed to be like that :confounded:

Jim_Griffin wrote:

Have you actually listened to the captcha? It sounds like a person trying to talk in a subway train full of people going thru a tunnel.

That is intentional and is the same on all sites that use reCaptcha- it’s to prevent speech recongnition software from being used to bypass the check for spammers.

I think that reCAPCHA should have RecaptchaOptions to define the paranoia: such as ‘paranoia_high’,  ‘paranoia_low’,   ‘paranoia_extreme’, 

Has anyone else found that the login process doesn’t work in Safari? I had to use Firefox and then it was OK.

In Safari I kept getting an “unexpected error” message.

Thanks for the notice.  I’ll check into that.  What version of Safari are you using?

gfowler wrote:

I think that reCAPCHA should have RecaptchaOptions to define the paranoia: such as ‘paranoia_high’,  ‘paranoia_low’,   ‘paranoia_extreme’, 

Haha.  I love it.  We’re probably (please note that I said "probably’) going to make some changes with the Captcha.  So, it’s not such a pain. 

Bill_S - thanks! I’m using Version 5.1.7 (7534.57.2) - this is up to date as of this morning (there was an update to do with Flash Player, but that’s probably not relevant!)

Also, I’m running OS X Lion.

Actually, it might be relevant to have flash updated.  I logged in using both Safari 5.1.2 and 5.1.7 (the latest), and I had no problems getting in.

Had the same problem

The problem these folks had was based on the old captcha.  So, you can’t have the same problem.  Can you be more specific?