Log-in trouble between: wdc.com, wd.com, and westerndigital.xxx.force.com

I think I used to have just one log-in for Western Digital. Now, there seems to be three sites: wdc.com, wd.com, and the one at westerndigital.secure.force.com. I have successfully managed to fix my wdc.com and wd.com log-ins, but the one at force.com is still giving me trouble. Aren’t they synchronized? Or, if not, why would they be different?

When I registered a recently purchased hard drive, I am led to a page where it requests me to log in. That page is at westerndigital.secure.force.com, which is where some of the wdc.com pages send me, and it complains I’m not using the correct combination of user-id and password. Has anyone else had this problem?

@pixel_hacker What WD device do you own? I only know of a couple of log on sites, mycloud.com or files.mycloud.com. There is this community, community.wd.com .

I have several others that are part of Western Digital saved as favorites.

I’m not sure the device matters, but it’s a My Book.

I would say it depends on what you are logging into. If I just want to see information about WD I would look here. High-Performance SSDs, HDDs, USB Drives, & Memory Cards | Western Digital

If I want to sign in to one of my two My Cloud devices when I am away from home then I use files.mycloud.com .

Things change and as they do, often the links change. When I find one of the links to a favorite I have saved, changed, I delete it.

The trouble is with logging into: http://westerndigital.secure.force.com.

I haven’t found a way to correct that password, as it hands off to wdc.com and/or wd.com to go through the “Forgot password” procedure.

@pixel_hacker Have you ever registered for using the Support Portal? If you have and you forgot your password are you saying it will not send you an email with a temporary password so you can reset it?

I had quite some time ago. When it hands me off to one of the other sites, when I would get the temporary password, it would tell me an error code and say that the account was old, which it is. I was able to log in at the other sites, just not the portal. I will try again to see if the password has finally gone down over to the portal.