Log file / history

Hello every one in here, I’m new to this community and i wish the best for you.
I wonder if you can show if it’s possible and how to view a log file or history of files that had been efited/viewed in the mycloud device.
Thanks to all

Hello and welcome tot he WD community.

There is a way to check the logs of the unit, i’m not sure abut displaying the files that have been changed on the unit but you can check them out. 

You should be able to see a question mark on the top right corner, if you click this you will be able to see an option to create  and save log.

Thank you for all your help.

daredevil_msd wrote:

I wonder if you can show if it’s possible and how to view a log file or history of files that had been efited/viewed in the mycloud device.

One can do a System Report dump via the “?” icon from the Dashboard UI. Select the “?” icon, then select “System”, then select “Create and Save” button from the “Create and Save System Report” section. Then wait for the Dashboard to generate a “.zip” file that can be saved to the local hard drive. Unknown if this system report dump contains a listing of file changes, but there are some files, like the “systemLog_xxxxxxxxxxxxxx\current_config\shares.wdmc\wdmc.db” file that might potentially contain the information you seek. You would need a program to open up the “.db” file. But its not clear if such a “.db” file would show an actual history of the file.

Is there a way to delete all the log files? I think my WD MyCloud is crashing because the log is now too big and take up almost all the space. There was an error says that the storage is not enough, and I don’t think it means hard drive storage which is 1.3TB free still.

You can SSH into the My Cloud do a df command. Check the /tmp directory to see if it is getting full.

RAC

Will that cause any warranty problem?

Edit: The last time I created system log, the size was around 50MB. And now I can’t update firmware as it says insufficient space. I will try to turn on SSH soon.

Edit 2: can you be more specific about the process as I haven’t used linux command before.

The maximum% in df is 75%, so I don’t think that’s the problem. Is there a way to run system check and restore?