Local user = All files are locked!

Reset my computer and now have great challenges to get all my files located on My Cloud Home Duo NAS hard drive! Can’t download the app as the link has been removed on the website and is told to log in locally. Spent a long time getting this done and now I can see all my files but can’t open anything! Gets an error message that I must have admin rights, which I have as this is the only user. Read for hours on the forum but can’t find a solution. I really regret buying this piece of ■■■■. Anyone have a solution? :frowning:

Hi @Dassrull,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Thanks you. I see that there are several people writing about the same challenges on the forum without getting an answer. When will WD take responsibility and sort this out?
A bit unsure if they will respond to such a report?

Support case is now subitted

Some users tend to conflate a lot of technical issues into one. Most users had not reset their computer before seeing the file permission problem and it was not “All files are locked” or the entire volume affected, only a subset of folders and the files were but still accessible from the web app.

The solution for the lack of file level functionality after an entire NAS OS upgrade is usually to backup to USB and reset as reported here:

A temporary solution short of reset and recreate the volume is to copy the subset of folders affected to USB3 (preferably SSD) and back to the MCH: