Local storage not found issue

I have an WD 2TB Elements hard disk connected and playing well with my WD Live streaming media player for past 6 months. I recently disconnected the drive from my media player to add more movies to it. But when I connected my WD 2TB Elements back to my WD Live streaming media player, it does not recognise my WD 2TB Elements anymore regardless of which USB port I connect it to - although my other WD passport hardisk is being recognised by media player.

I have latest version of firmware on media player ( even before disconnecting & after conencting my 2TB hard drive) and also did factory reset, reboot and power on-off. But still no use.

My WD 2TB Elements hard drive seems to be working fine with the access lights blinking whenever connected to my media player and also works fine when connected to PC.

What could be the issues and how can I make my WD Live streaming media player recognise my WD 2TB Elements hard drive.

Are you safely ejecting the drive before you unplug it?  If not, the files system may have been corrupted…

1 Like

Yes. I unplugged the device after powering off both the media player & external hard disk.

nishu wrote:

Yes. I unplugged the device after powering off both the media player & external hard disk.

No, that’s not the same thing.   Are you using the EJECT button, as documented in the manual?

Thanks for the question and the answer as the exchange is a reminder to this newbie to use the eject option consistently!

I don’t think I used the eject button as I don’t find it anywhere on the menu or settings. Appreciate if you could provide teh steps to eject gracefully.

Also I fixed the issue yesterday by deleting the “WD_TV” folder & “found.000” folder from my hard drive and now my media player recognises the hard disk. I think the issue would have been with the indexing as it couldn’t continue the indexing from last disconnect. But nevertheless this problem hasn’t occured anytime with my WD passport portable hard drive. Wonder why …

nishu wrote:

I don’t think I used the eject button as I don’t find it anywhere on the menu or settings. Appreciate if you could provide teh steps to eject gracefully.

It’s a button on the remote.