Livewire & ATT U-Verse

I just bought a set of Livewires and the setup was nothing! Other than the software doesn’t like windows 7 32 bit it did work. However, I have ATT U-verse for TV and Internet with a 24MB internet service. When I connect the Livewire to my ATT supplied 3800 2-wire Remote Gateway/Wireless Router, my TV reception degrades to the point that it is un-watchable! Video pixelates, sound drops out and video freezes! So I guess, unless there is something I can do, I will have to return the Livewires for a refund. :frowning:

Anyone else have problems like this or a suggestion?

What happens when you try to connect the tv to the livewire directly without using a wireless connection?

Lawrence wrote:

What happens when you try to connect the tv to the livewire directly without using a wireless connection?

All TVs are using a coax connection to the set top box’s. I have no need to connect the TVs wireless. I’m trying to use the livewire on a computer at a workstation in my livingroom. There is no cat5 jack available to it. The problems occur when the Livewire is connected to the back of the router in a jack that is provided for network connections. As soon as I connect the computer to the other Livewire unit and start downloading or watching a video or if a web site has a large content of graphics, the TV’s stream goes down hill.

I have posted on AT&T’s forums as well but no suggestions have been made there. So I am just assuming that this system and the Livewire are just not going to work and I am returning the Livewire set to Bestbuy this morning.

They do work well, even across a circuit with an arc fault breaker. Something a pair of Linksys PLK200’s wouldn’t do. I suppose I’ll just go ahead and fish some cat5 down through the wall and solve the whole problem once and for all. I did connect the computer to the same port on the router using a cat5 cable and everything worked fine.