Live plus not booting - spinning wheel

Hi,

The problem started to show from yesterday

The box does not boot and come to home screen. It is showing a spinning wheel and when I press the home button on remote, it screen shows up for a split second and screen comes back to spinning wheel.

I pressed the reset button and held for more than 10 seconds, but it did not help. 

I was also able to connect to the box through iphone remote app, but the spinning wheel does not change.

Can you help to recover the box

1st thing i would do, is remove any harddrives or thumbdrives and also unplug the Network Cable …

And see if it “Boots”  with no media sources attached.

sarav_WD >>>  I pressed the reset button and held for more than 10 seconds, but it did not help.

This is what I wrote to someone who recently held the reset button in for 10 seconds or more:

How long did you hold the reset in?  if more than a second or two, (like 10 secs or more) you probably changed it from NTSC to PAL or vice versa.  US needs NTSC, Europe needs PAL.  This is what my manual says about the reset button:

Press for one second to reset to factory defaults (see “Reset

to Factory Defaults” on page 140). Press and hold 10 seconds

to toggle between NTSC and PAL. Use a fine-tipped stylus or

the unfolded end of a paperclip to press the reset switch.

So, you may now have another problem, and once the unit boots, you need to check your NTSC/PAL setting to see if you need to turn it back to what you need for your location.  It is described in the online manual for your model of player.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that, removed all external devices and powered on the box. However, the problem still persists. Can you please help

Hi, i am from India. What i realized is when you hold it for more than 10 seconds, it switches from PAL to NTSC and vice versa. Now remove the HDMI and connect it with yesteryears red,blue and yellow to your tv and if you can see the logo i am sure you will, Go inside settings and change it to HDMI and then remove these cables and now you can connect it via HDMI. WD live has a tendency to refresh, i mean it opens and then looks into your tv settings and it refreshes. Irrespective of how much time you reset, if you cant get into the boot screen it is uselss trying

sarav_wd wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that, removed all external devices and powered on the box. However, the problem still persists. Can you please help

TO:  sarav_wd

I suggest you contact WD support at this time – either by email or phone call.  If you could not get things to show up properly after using the composite color cables for audio and video and HDMI afterward, you likely have other problems.  Just be sure to let support know that you held in the reset for too long, and they will help you get that straightened out as well.