Live Plus: Network Shares Navigation

Hi,

I’m looking into buying the WD TV LIve Plus and I have a question on the network share navigation GUI.

I will use the unit mainly to play content off shared disks from a Windows 7 Server.

I have different formats and folder structures: .avi. BDMV, DVD (VIDEO_TS/ifos, vobs etc) with both embedded subtitles and external  .srt subtitles. Usually movies are in a <movie_name>/BDMV/… or <movie_name>/VIDEO_TS folder structure. TV Shows instead are in a <series/season X/Episode N.avi, Episode N.srt? structure.

My question is: When navigating through the various folders  will i see each and every file in the directories, or the unit will recognize a BDMV directory structure (or VIDEO_TS for dvds) so that when I hit play on the <movie_name> folder the movie will play ?

Basically I do not want to go deep into the movie folder and look for the <movie_name.ifo> or even worse <movie_name>/BDMV/stream/0001.m2ts in order to play a movie.

Thanks in advance for any help!

–sav

When navigating through the various folders  will i see each and every file in the directories

In general, yes.

You won’t see the SUBTITLE files, but you WILL see the THUMBNAIL files if you don’t hide them.

VIDEO_TS folders are understood as DVDs, so you won’t see the underlying VOBS/IFOS/BUPS/etc.

BDMV is NOT understood, so you will have to navigate into the STREAM folder and play the M2TS file that has the movie you want.

ISOs for DVD are understood.

ISOs for BD will just play the largest M2TS file in the ISO.