Live Plus Firmware 1.06.42 Not Saving Thumbnails for Video Files

Hi All , Just letting people know the Firmware 1.06.42 for the Live Plus does not save the thumbnails for video files on an external hard drive…When you power off then turn back on the thumbnails have to reload this does not happen in firmware version 1.06.16 and thats the Firmware im stickin with…I Always regret updating and end up rolling back…Wd , please get us a final firmware with no bugs or problems…most of us have been patient and deserve it…

It does save them, but for som reason seems to remove them again when powering off (or ejecting)

Either way its a bug and not working correctly…video thumbnails should not have to reload after you power off then back on.

western digital missed the boat on their firmware update it still discconets the external hd,…its all code related, i have an older unit, without the network connections and it plays my media pefectly, and never disconnects the usb hd

Since upgrading to the lastest firmware version 1.06.43 it seems not only had the external HD’s connected to the USB ports been disconnected but they fail to reconnect rendering the unit useless.
I have a second unit that I have not ugraded and it still recognises the same USB drives just fine.

Is there a fix for this?

Since upgrading to the lastest firmware version 1.06.43 it seems not only had the external HD’s connected to the USB ports been disconnected but they fail to reconnect rendering the unit useless.
I have a second unit that I have not ugraded and it still recognises the same USB drives just fine.

Is there a fix for this?

When I powered mine off then back on my usb drives were still there…Just the thumbnails had to reload…In your case , thats strange…But see I also have the live plus and 1.06.42 is the latest firmware…so I just rolled back to the one I remembered w the least bugs and to me , my opinion was 1.06.16…The numbers are slightly different for the live and live plus so Id just recommend you roll back to a firmware you are comfortable with for your player…cause they all have bugs so the best bet bet is find one that works best for you. Hope this helps…there are many links in these posts to rollback to diff versions…Just be careful cause some cant be rolled back past 1.05 something…Im not an expert here but know most things.