Live Hub no signal on TV

OK was watching my 1TB Live Hub in my bedroom, and it kinda glitched and then I get message there is no signal, but light on front stays on, to rule out hdmi input and cable, I swapped it with my Roku and and Roku works fine on both cables and inputs. Also tried in another room with that has a Live Hub and was working, unplugged working model, plugged in the one that went bad, light lights up on front and that it, no signal. Plugged other back in, fired right up. Now I am guessing this hub has kicked the bucket, but before I gave it a time of death, was gonna see if anyone else has had similar expericence with the Hub.

Maybe the HDMI glitched and reverted back to Composite Output (Red,White,Yellow Connections)

I’m assuming you tried Composite and Component Cables as well ?

(if you do get a picture (fingers X) on Composite, plug the HDMI cable in the go to the Setup Menu select HDMI Output)

Yes my WDTV Live Hub has “glitched” and suddenly lost picture a few times (over 4 years)

Was’nt terminal in my case … i just uplugged the power waited 10-15mins plugged back in, all good.

1 Like

just checked component and composite, same thing, no signal. Any other ideas, like I said, the front LED stays on, and usually you plug a hard drive in to it, it would flicker, no happening and this unit has been unplugged for about 13 hrs.

Im guessing trying to roll back firmware wouldnt work?

i forgot to ask since you did’nt mention it … have you tried the Reset Hole underneath the Live Hub ?

Also, can you access the internal HDD on your Network ?   (to see if the HDD is OK)

1 Like

ok i tried the reset hole, nothing. and I did try to access from network no go. So I opened it up, (the waranty is already done), and removed hard drive and plugged into pc, Hard Drive works fine. I think its the unit, its done.

not sounding good  :cry:

have you tried powering on the Live Hub without the Internal HDD installed  ?

A friend of mine, his Live Hub had a dodgy HDD … so i removed it so he could still use the Live Hub

It will come with an Error Message about the Internal HDD no being connected, but just ignore it

P.S. i know you said the HDD is fine … but if you want to try everthing before trashing it, try the above

1 Like

yes I tried it pluggin it in shortly after removing the HDD, same thing. I like this particular model, mainly cause of the HDD allowed me to use GBBM theme (link sheets), these are becoming hard to find, heck I have been having a hard time finding the SMP locally and online for a reasonable price, I may try Plex on my roku where this Hub was originally at, any other suggestions or recommendations?

You can still use “Linksheets” with the  SMP and the  2014 WDTV Media Player using KAD79's Custom Firmware which runs off a flashdrive.

And with the Custom Firmware the linksheets no longer have to be in the theme folder … they reside next to your media now.

(i’ve got the CFW running off a 4GB Micro USB plugged in the back usb on the WDTV, so i forget it’s even there… all Linksheets are now on the 4TB HDD plugged into the Front USB)

eg.

John Wick.mkv

John Wick.jpg

John Wick.mkv_sheet.jpg

how difficult is it to do last time I checked (which was some time back) there wasnt real clear instructions on it.

dudeman316 wrote:

yes I tried it pluggin it in shortly after removing the HDD, same thing. I like this particular model, mainly cause of the HDD allowed me to use GBBM theme (link sheets), these are becoming hard to find, heck I have been having a hard time finding the SMP locally and online for a reasonable price, I may try Plex on my roku where this Hub was originally at, any other suggestions or recommendations?

Well as soon as the forum gives us back PMs, PM me I have one with no HD that needs a U.S. home :wink:

What about composite output?

flhthemi PM sent and foetus, i have tried component composite and HDMI, its done :frowning:

Sorry to hear that