Live Hub freezes while using MLB.tv service

I use the MLB.tv service everyday. Recently I’ve been having my live hub freeze up. It’s typically later in a game, after 7th inning. The whole device at first becomes unresponsive, and finally when the screen does change I get the orange spinning arrow on black screen. The other day I left it alone for a while and it spun for over a hour. The power button on the remote won’t work or will the one on the unit. Everytime now I have to unplug the power cord in the rear of the unit.
It’s happened at least 7 times in the last 5 days. The device is hardwired into the router as well, so ifs not the wifi. I’ve only had the unit for a little over a month.
I know it’s not MLB.tv, as I have both ATV and a Roku in other rooms and have put on the same games to see if it was the feed causing the freeze, but both devices had no issues.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

You may try resetting your Hub, by holding its reset button for 4 seconds.  If the issue persists try a roll back, another reset, then reapply the latest firmware update,  

Vadir wrote:

You may try resetting your Hub, by holding its reset button for 4 seconds.  If the issue persists try a roll back, another reset, then reapply the latest firmware update,  

Hummm:angry:, wasn’t this SUPPOSED to be fixed by the “Special” FW release? Yeah, right!!! Ha!

tried the roll back, reset and reinstall of latest firmware, still having same issue.

I’m sorry you are having a problem with MLB.TV.  I had the same problem.

But I have also had the problem on my PS 3 and my Xbox 360.  I’ve even had an occasional lapse on my PC.

It’s not my Internet connection.  I test at 20.6 Mbps.

I can’t place the blame, but I think it is either a problem that starts at MLB or my IP (Comcast).  If it only happened on my WD Live Hub, of course I’d be pointing the finger, but it’s just not so.