Lithuanian Subs

Hello,

can you add Lithuanian subtitles to next firmware? It shows some of Lithuanian alphabet letters, but not all of them:( And it shows only empty space in the letter place… Please, can you solve this problem?

BTW, I’m using WD TV LIVE media player.

Simon

1 Like

Your post sounds more like an Idea or a Feature Request. The best place for this is in our Ideas Exchange. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it. However, I would search first and make sure that there isn’t another idea similar to yours that you could add your post to and vote on.

Software & Accessory Ideas

Live & Live Plus Ideas

Live Hub Ideas

HD, Mini, Elements Play Ideas

External Drive Ideas

Network Drive Ideas

Internal Drive Ideas

I searched and found this:
http://community.wdc.com/to/Live-Live-Plus-Ideas/UTF-8-Unicode-SRT-Subtitle-Supporting-request/idi-p/34144#M2694

it was written and asked in 2010 summer, but still nothing has changed:

“Full UTF-8 support would be great. It’s so important for the system file name reader and the subtitles. In my case Lithuanian language (known as Windows 1257) would be very appreciated. :smiley:  Of course don’t forget Vietnam :smiley:

So WD probably didnt want to hear or do so if this “idea” still exist like “idea”…

p.s. sorry for my bad english

Your link goes to an error page. I believe this is the page you want.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Live-Live-Plus-Ideas/UTF-8-Unicode-SRT-Subtitle-Supporting-request/idi-p/34144

WD have replied to that idea.

Thanks for the suggestion. At this time, we do not have plan to sell this product in Vietnam, nor is our font engine capable of supporting the font of this language.

Someone found my message. The only thing that put a smile on my face from a WDC forum system in a year. All other versions past 1. 02.21 were slow and needed fixing. Oh well, I guess putting a modded firmware will work for me :stuck_out_tongue:   

O taip gerai būtų, kad bent fontą palaikytų !