LinkSys WAG200G and SureCom EP-808X switch

Unfortunately, my equipment isn’t on the list of compatible connections and I am hoping that someone might have had this or a nearly the same arrangement and have got it to work? I ran out of ports on the back of the router,t hat’s why I had to do things this way.

I have a cable from my LinkSys WAG200G router running to the SureCom  EP-808X switch and then once cable to the WDTV Live and one to the D-LINK DPR-1061 print server.

The print server is seen and working through the switch and the router shows it. The WDTV Live isn’t seen and I expected that.

Does anyone have some tips and/or tricks that *might* get it working as I cannot afford to buy anything else??

Regards all, Fangles

First thing I’d try is to connect the Live directly to your router just to eliminate that as the problem.  If it works then you know the switch is the issue.

If it does turn out to be the switch perhaps you can move things around so the Live is directly connected and something else on your net goes through the switch.

Yes, I thought about that but had little time today. The switch is working as I mentioned above that that print server is working through it just fine.

I’ll try those other options you mentioned tomorrow. At this rate, i am going to owe you a hamburger for all of your help (Sorry, i don’t do alcohol)

Fangles wrote:

Yes, I thought about that but had little time today. The switch is working as I mentioned above that that print server is working through it just fine.

I’ll try those other options you mentioned tomorrow. At this rate, i am going to owe you a hamburger for all of your help (Sorry, i don’t do alcohol)

Its not so much to do with the switch working, but the switch working with the WDTV.

I can report that this networking works now.

The first issue was with the surecom ep-808x sharing the uplink port with port one. I had no manual for this device and had to scour the net as I had no other documentation to explain this. Port one is now being used as a straight though uplink to my router as I have no spare patch cables of 15 metres in length:):slight_smile: Ports 2 and 3 are for the other devices.

The second issue was with one of my cables had the sheath and a couple of wires apparently loose and i tested it on my system which reported a fault at boot time (Which I normally pay no attention to). My asus bios has this ability. I recrimped the hell out of it and now both are okay. So people can add to the compatibility list my two devices.

*Edit** I turned on an external USB device attached to my computer and the WDTV live vanished from the network. Had to turn off the external drive to get the WDTV back.

I turned on my wife’s computer and the same thing happened, I had to turn it off to get the WDTV back.  This time, I also had to unplug the network cable for the WDTV from the switch and plug it back in again. What the heck ??

**Edit** I’m awake, I’ve had coffee and i’ve been playing some more. It appeas that after the wd loses the net due to one or more of the previously mentioned devices being turned on, unplugging the network cable from the switch and back into another port on the switch turns it on again. Doesn’t matter which one apparently. Wooho, we have net! (Until I find a better solution). Don’t think it means that the switch is as fault as the print server and laser labeller hanging off the switch all keep working. More coffee!!