Linksys E4200 works with hub?

I’m planning to buy this router and I want to find out if it works well with WD TV Live Hub and My Book Live. Any improvements in transfer speeds? I want to ask this because it’s not in the compatibility list of the hub and I don’t want to waste money on an expensive router if it doesn’t work. I curently use Apple Airport Extreme(4th generation gigabit router) and my transfer speed to my hub wired is only 4.8 mb/sec(is this speed normal? or too slow? it is wired). If wireless i only get 50-60 kb/sec. can this E4200 improve my transfer speed?  Thank you.

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

I have an E4200 router and for my purposes, it’s great…  don’t have network storage for my movies as yet, but plan on getting the Hub for downloading my films from the VUDU HD Movie service(once I verify the app is on the device), and storing them to the internal hard drive…There are posts on this forum regarding the transfer speed from router to the Hub…The media server on the E4200 has issues though…I don’t use it…As an example, I have a Vizio TV with Internet Apps and I run Netflix on it wirelessly with full signal strength…I have a 35mbps FIOS connection and get just a little less than that to the Vizio TV…

Thanks for verifying, how was the transfer speed of the hub to the e4200 router wired? This is my concerned because my airport extreme 4th gen only gives me 4.80+ MB/sec when wired(other thread i read they reach as high as 10-15 mb/sec) and 50-60 kb/sec when wireless and i’m using Linksys WUSB600N dualband wireless adapter when doing wireless transfer and yet i’m getting slow speed. My router and my wireless adapter is just close.

I don’t know if you were responding to my post, but I do not have the Hub yet…I’m waiting for a particular online video provider to be embedded into it…I was just sharing my experience with the E4200 router and for my puposes, it rocks…My network is simple, a TV with Internet Apps, a VUDU box for my HD movies, a laptop, and two desktop PC’s…The E4200 feeds them all with no problem…I have no NAS storage at this time, perhaps in the future…