Linksheets/Moviesheets (Probably a silly question :-))

I have one the new WDTV SMP’s (model WDBPUF0000NBK-EESN); this is connected to the WD MyCloud on my network.

I’m still trying to het my head around the themes and playing with thumbgen and mojo templates.  Whilst messing around with the default setting in TG I crerated a backdrop sheet with the xml data already pre populated (think these are referred to as linksheets).

My WDTV will see the sheet in gallery view, but obviously the information is only partially visible as the WDTV displaying the standard movie information  (i.e. director, actor etc; this displays as N/A with no xml).

So my question is; is there a basic theme that has these option removed.  The reason i would like just the one sheet with movie preloaded to it is to redcuce the number of files that would be related to each movie (i’ma bit OCD like that)

note: i have tried some of the themes, mojo, darklight etc and they seem to be very slow an a bit unresponsive; they look great but it really lags.  I’m not sure if this is down to the firmware on these new machines.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

You’re creating “Moviesheets”  …  “Linksheets” do not require an xml (and also, linksheets are stored in the root of the theme folder.  “Moviesheets” reside next to your media files and require a xml with a tag)

To answer the rest of your question, please post a picture of the “Backdrop Sheet” you are creating … that way i can see what needs to edited in a theme to suit your backdrop sheet.

RankinC wrote:> backdrop sheet with the xml data already pre populated (think these are referred to as linksheets).

nope

xml’s are xml’s

linksheets are what happens when you take that sheet.jpg thumbgen created

and start messing with the name and location

JoeySmyth wrote:

You’re creating “Moviesheets”  …  “Linksheets” do not require an xml (and also, linksheets are stored in the root of the theme folder.  “Moviesheets” reside next to your media files and require a xml with a tag)

To answer the rest of your question, please post a picture of the “Backdrop Sheet” you are creating … that way i can see what needs to edited in a theme to suit your backdrop sheet.

Cheers for the response Joey; i’m still trying to get my head around all this but after reading some more last night I think I understand how the linksheets operate.  Anyway below is the image of the movie sheet i have created; the movie information is embedded into the jpg which would remove the need to have a seperate xml file.

This will display in the SMP but I obviously have all the standard stuff sitting above (i…e actor/director information; favourites); i am using your flixster free version which i great (i really don’t like the flixster stuff).  As a total novice I just have a couple of basic questions:

1. When people like your good self create themes, is there a way that the xml information can be preloaded onto the sheet (like above) rather than having a an extra xml file

2. Is there a way of stopping the SMP creating a seperate backdrop folder (inside is flixster look up cache file).

Thanks for responding, an apologies if these questions have been asked in the past

Chris

1. When people like your good self create themes, is there a way that the xml information can be preloaded onto the sheet (like above) rather than having a an extra xml file

Nope

1. Is there a way of stopping the SMP creating a seperate backdrop folder (inside is flixster look up cache file).

Nope, not that i’m aware of

With regards to your Moviesheet backdrop … it wasn’t really designed for a thumbnail gallery browse (it’s Thumbgen’s default moviesheet template designed many moons ago)

Other movie sheet backdrop designs allow space for the thumbnails below.

example:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Themes/Discovered-quot-Reflections-quot-Code-for-Thumbnails/td-p/364133

JoeySmyth wrote:

Nope

1. Is there a way of stopping the SMP creating a seperate backdrop folder (inside is flixster look up cache file).

Nope, not that i’m aware of

With regards to your Moviesheet backdrop … it wasn’t really designed for a thumbnail gallery browse (it’s Thumbgen’s default moviesheet template designed many moons ago)

Other movie sheet backdrop designs allow space for the thumbnails below.

example:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Themes/Discovered-quot-Reflections-quot-Code-for-Thumbnails/td-p/364133

Brilliant; messing around with that and my folder structure has answered a **bleep** of a lot of questions.

Thanks again