Linksheets and image="@@description_#"

Hello,

I hope nobody minds me starting a new message about linksheets. I am not sure if this has been covered before I’ve had a quick search on the forum and I didn’t find anything.

I have found out by using image=“@@description_#” instead of image=“@@browse_#_thumbnail” you can view multiple linksheets at once instead of using normal thumbnails. This can be the linksheet backgrounds or by using the thumbnails themselves as linksheets.

I have tested using the thumbnails as linksheets on my Hub with firmware 3.12.13 with a NAS, There is no building up of the thumbnails. No thumbnail cache. The thumbnails/linksheets are all displayed immediately. The effect is the same as using Hub firmware 2.07.17 and below.

A couple of issues I have found.

• When using image=“@@description_#” it has to have bg=“1” included.
  • Using bg=“1” with anything else causes the navigation speed to be very slow.
  • Don’t use active=“@@act-browselist-#” or disable=“@@act-browselist-#” with image=“@@description_#”. It kills the navigation speed, so no selected_scale=“#”.
  • The image=“@@description_#” cannot be used within rv_gallery_browse_page.xml.

I used JoeySmyth’s ‘LINKSHEETTHEME_FASTER’ in the screenshot below. I’ve used table instead of wrapper in the xml, this is because it was much quicker than peeing about with the x and y positions.

I thought that I would share this with you.

Stephen.

rv_large_video_browse_page.xml (2.83KB)

https://www.mediafire.com/?gq0c6ctitcv0gx1

2 Likes

ok, that’s cool :dizzy_face:

stearm wrote:

Hello,

I hope nobody minds me starting a new message about linksheets. I am not sure if this has been covered before I’ve had a quick search on the forum and I didn’t find anything.

I have found out by using image=“@@description_#” instead of image=“@@browse_#_thumbnail” you can view multiple linksheets at once instead of using normal thumbnails. This can be the linksheet backgrounds or by using the thumbnails themselves as linksheets.

Yes i used that technique for HDD Drive Thumbnails about 6 Months ago.(Used Linksheets to display thumbnails for attached HDD’s)

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Discussions/Cover-thumbnail-for-drives/td-p/586753