Link for SmartWare update to 2.4.13

Found this download for SmartWare 2.4.13 while surfing around tonight.

I found this update while looking at the WD Support site, checked my SmartWare and saw I needed it, updated mine and decided to post the link here for anyone who may need it. If you don’t need it then ignore my post.

cat0w
USA

Yes; it’s been available for a few months now.

If you had done a site wide search you would have seen this thread posted back in September to the WD Software & Mobile Apps | WD Software section… :wink:

https://community.wd.com/t/update-wd-smartware-version-2-4-13/28971

I did not do a search on here, I was just looking around the WD Support site and found it under downloads. When I checked my SmartWare I saw I was still using 2.4.12. I updated mine and decided to post this here in case someone else needed to update.

I don’t know how I missed the update. I always update as soon as something new comes out and I know about it.

I found this update while looking at the WD Support site, checked my SmartWare and saw I needed it, updated mine and decided to post the link here for anyone who may need it. If you don’t need it then ignore my post.

From what I remember (haven’t used Smartware in a while) it will check for an update on its own, if the option is enabled within the program. See the Settings tab > Set Up Software and ensure “Automatically check for
WD SmartWare software updates” is checked. There is also a button on that screen to manually check for an update.

Chapter 8, Checking for Software Updates, in the Smartware User Manual explains it a bit more.

Edit to add: Back in September, I posted other software updates (My Cloud for Android, WD Sync for Windows) to the current WD My Cloud forum but the mods moved them to the WD Software & Mobile Apps | WD Software section. So I posted the update to the Smartware software to the WD Software section as well.

Bennor, Thanks, I have that checked on both my desktop and laptop, don’t know why it did not work. I had to update both of them.