LG NaNO tv compatibility to watch my films

Hi!

CAN YOU TELL ME HOW CAN i STREAM AND WATCH MY FILMS ON MY SMART tv, HALF YEAR OLD ONLY lg nano TV AND i HAVE A MYCLOUD 4TB

THANK YOU!

@Daxvid82
Do you own a My Cloud Home or a My Cloud (OS3 or OS5)? They are different and have different requirements.

Do you have anything on your TV that says videos? Is your TV and My Cloud on the same network? Have you read your TVs User Manual?

User Manual: My Cloud Home and My Cloud Home Duo (westerndigital.com)

MyCloud Home. The white one with 4TB storage.

On TV nothing, just my plugged HDD-s and my PC as server what it sees.
They are on the same network. I thought there will be any app in LG appstore, but nothing… or maybe per film the stream button should work…but would be better to see the whole list on my tb and browsing in the files and folders like it would be plugged in.

@Daxvid82 So you own a My Cloud Home as shown in the User Manual link I provided.

I have WD MY CLOUDs (1st generation OS3 and 2nd generation OS5) and I use Twonky. WDMyCloudImage

You need Plex Service.

I got a flyer in the box of it,for free plex 3 month, but didnt know why I should get that if I have the cloud…so thats why… I no want to pay monthly, thts why I bought the cloud. Is there any free solution?

I think I have the same issue.

Received the My Cloud Home (8TB) yesterday, logged into My Cloud and activated the PLEX app and then clicked on CONFIGURE, but it’s a dead link.

I’ve also downloaded the PLEX app to my LG TV, but can’t see how it connects to My Cloud.

I previously had My Book Live and with Twonky Media it was all very easy.

Reading some of the other posts it appears PLEX may no longer be compatible with My Cloud - but would appreciate if someone could confirm if this is the issue.

I’ve now got this working - I just needed to DISABLE the PLEX app and then ENABLE it again within MyCloud Home (took a couple of goes) and then O was able to CONFIGURE.

During the CONFIGURE process you get a banner for PLEX asking you to subscribe - but this is unnecessary, just close the banner and complete the set-up process