Hi all, I think compiling a list of bugs / grievances would be conducive to getting WD to address our collective concerns. I’m thinking this could be a “live” post that is updated as confirmations, additions, etc come in.
Some of these problems seem to have persisted for quite a while. Is WD doing anything to address them?
- “btrfs module is extremely broken. Causes instant kernel taint after repeated division by zero errors after mounting a freshly made btrfs file system. Repeated tests.” – Wierd_w
- QuikFynd app does not work.^1
- Cannot authenticate to server (seemingly). At very least, it is not possible to login successfully.^1 (Windows 10, macOS Mojave)
- Aside from issuing a magic packet over command line, the NAS cannot be roused from sleep arbitrarily without the ol’ unplug/re-plug routine. (Windows 10, macOS Mojave)
Web app (files.mycloud.com)
- There is no option to issue a WOL signal.
My Cloud (mobile app)
- Though it is possible to manually copy a directory or file from the mobile device to the NAS, there is no option to automatically backup specified directories to NAS; the extent of it’s capability is limited to photos/videos backup. (Android)