Let's compile a list of bugs/issues for WD EX2 Ultra

Hi all, I think compiling a list of bugs / grievances would be conducive to getting WD to address our collective concerns. I’m thinking this could be a “live” post that is updated as confirmations, additions, etc come in.

Some of these problems seem to have persisted for quite a while. Is WD doing anything to address them?

ISSUES LIST

NAS

Desktop application

• Cannot authenticate to server (seemingly). At very least, it is not possible to login successfully.[2](SOLVED: Cannot Access Western Digital My Cloud on Windows 10 - YouTube) (Windows 10, macOS Mojave)
  • Aside from issuing a magic packet over command line, the NAS cannot be roused from sleep arbitrarily without the ol’ unplug/re-plug routine. (Windows 10, macOS Mojave)

Web app (files.mycloud.com)

• There is no option to issue a WOL signal.

My Cloud (mobile app)

• Though it is possible to manually copy a directory or file from the mobile device to the NAS, there is no option to automatically backup specified directories to NAS; the extent of it’s capability is limited to photos/videos backup. (Android)

product page with firmware and stuff

1. 1 ↩︎

2. 1 ↩︎

btrfs module is extremely broken. Causes instant kernel taint after repeated division by zero errors after mounting a freshly made btrfs file system. Repeated tests.

1 Like

Thanks, I added your observation.

no any search solution in WD NAS and quikfynd server is not responding, and all desktop Apps same like WD Sync or Mycloud not supported , how i can search in my files via my laptop , Am very suffered of this issue , i think this problem is very old, but WD company did not get any solution for the users.